Mahavira Hall

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chinese Pizza Hut


Last weekend I  decided to check out the Chinese Pizza Hut - they are everywhere here, and while I don't particularly like Pizza Hut in the States, I don't dislike it either, and I have been curious to see the differences between the same food chain here and at home.  Right away when I walked in I noticed a difference - it was huge!  The room was broad with high ceilings and was full of light and chattering people.  I don't think I've been to Pizza Hut in a long time, maybe since I was a child with free 'Personal Pans' for reading in elementary school, but my memory of it involves slight dimness and decided emptiness.  I also thought that we ordered at the counter and then sat down, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, in China, there is a HUGE menu, with about 30 pages, each with a title like 'Smoothies', 'Drinks', 'Pasta', 'Soups''Chinese', etc…'Pizza' (finally, way near the back, clever marketing there!).  I couldn't decide what to order, and I'd gone in intending to get pizza!  I did in the end, get a personal pan supreme pizza, which was less greasy than at home but did not have enough pizza sauce.  They apparently are aware of the problem of not enough sauce because they brought a bottle of ketchup to the table with the pizza - interesting!  It doesn't have quite the same appeal though, cold ketchup on top of the pizza versus steaming tomato sauce inside the pizza...I won't be going back, but now I have experienced the Chinese Pizza Hut!

I didn't take any pictures of the restaurant, because it wasn't that exciting, but on the way home I did pass a derelict mini-bus, randomly sitting on the sidewalk next to a public park.  It wasn't there the last time I walked home from the metro, but it didn't look like it was moving any time soon!  



No comments:

Post a Comment