Mahavira Hall

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's Next

 Now that I've been back for about 3 weeks, China is starting to fade from my immediate thoughts and I'm focusing more on what's in front of me.  Its my first week back to medical school now, and I'm struggling a little as I remember all that I've forgotten in the past year.  I've already got loads to learn and study and I need to start investigating residency programs to apply to in the coming months.  

 At the same time, I'm trying to wrap up a few of my projects from last year; one of my papers came back from the journal reviewers yesterday, and I have some work to do on it.  Another one is almost ready for submission - so I'm not quite done with my China work yet, but it will be much more diluted now as I move on to other things.  I'd like to thank the Fogarty for giving me this wonderful opportunity to live and learn in China this past year.

 I miss some of my friends and acquaintances from China, but I'm also glad to be back and moving on with my life and career.  Its exciting to be on the cusp of committing myself to a specialty and deciding where I will get my practical training!  I am ever so glad I took a year off and feel that I learned valuable skills and truths while abroad, but I am also happy to be back at home and moving on into such exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment