Mahavira Hall

Monday, December 13, 2010

Nan Shan Skiing

On Saturday I decided to try out Chinese skiing with Esther, another Fogarty scholar and a friend of hers named Ionel who she met in Beijing. I had heard that the ski resorts around Beijing were not that great, and its true that it was very very small even compared to the resort in Kentucky and not very steep, but I still had a great time getting my ski legs back for the day.  I consider it my trial run before skiing in Harbin for the new year at the mountain where the Chinese Olympic team trains, which I figure will be sufficiently steep!  They play commercials and music from speakers throughout the park, people occasionally cut me off while skiing like they do on the roads here, and the lift attendants were much stricter than at home with whistles and directions to go here and there, but otherwise it was pretty much like skiing anywhere else in the world.  I have been so sore for the past few days!
Ionel is also a boarder

The slopes of Nan Shan Ski Resort

Esther and I 

Esther having a great time learning how to snowboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment