Mahavira Hall

Monday, August 16, 2010

Blastoff!

Well, today's the day, I can hardly believe it; I am leaving for China in a short 10 hours.  I have had a whirlwind last few days in the States, starting with a major medical licensing exam all day on Saturday, followed by a day of organizing, packing, and re-packing the luggage.  I was only slightly overweight the first time ;).  But now everything fits and as long as the airport people don't realize just exactly how heavy my carry-on duffel is, I should be good to go!  Despite grand plans to stay awake all the way to China in order to conquer the jet-lag straight-away, I didn't sleep as much as I should have for the last few nights; instead I laid awake practicing Chinese phrases, thinking about the airplane trip, hoping that our ride will in fact be at the airport at 11 pm, and generally just having racing thoughts.  I suppose nothing can cure that except arriving there!  So, I will next update you all from China!  Zijian!

2 comments:

  1. It's 11:43pm in China which means at this very moment you should be through customs, bleary eyed yet excited... You should be getting your bags off the carosel and searching for your pick up party and taking a long taxi ride to your hotel room. Hooray for every moment of this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you didn't get lectured to for having a heavy carryon like i did!

    ReplyDelete